Friday 31 May 2013

Collar construction

During my design process, where I began to think of ways to create a collar for my coat, I used tailors tape to add shape to material and look at different collar shapes. 





I played around with a few recognizable collar shapes and discussed which ones would look best with the coat shape. After playing around with the shapes I then applied them to my designs to see which one best suited, and i decided that no collar would be best. So my final coat doesn't have a collar, instead the back neck has been raised as well as the front neck, which is finished off nicely, rounded but square. I also decided that I didn't want my coat to have a fastening, just a casual chuck on coat as I think these look really fashionable and better finished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment